Travellers served with notice to leave Dagenham site
- Credit: Archant
Irish Travellers in caravans were told to leave land opposite a primary school last night.
Police were called at around 5.40pm to reports of a damaged fence in New Road, Dagenham, near Marsh Green Primary School, the old Ford factory and the Premier Inn hotel.
They found there seven caravans and served the occupants with a Section 61 order requiring them to leave the land by 8am this morning.
One of the Irish Travellers, who gave his name only as Michael, said last night: “We’ve nowhere else to go. Our kids are in bed.
“We only want to stay for a few days.”
You may also want to watch:
Khalid Javid, manager of nearby Dalin Tyres & Wheels, said this morning there were no signs of the caravans.
Police said no arrests were made.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods