Tribute to Barking have-a-go hero
AS WE all know Sukhwinder Singh was stabbed to death on 8th January 2010 behind the Barking Railway station at Loxford Road while helping a lady pedestrian from robbery. On the day of religious ceremony held in his honour at Gurdwara Singh Sabha London Ea
AS WE all know Sukhwinder Singh was stabbed to death on 8th January 2010 behind the Barking Railway station at Loxford Road while helping a lady pedestrian from robbery.
On the day of religious ceremony held in his honour at Gurdwara Singh Sabha London East Barking, a number of speakers paid their tributes and saluted to his supreme sacrifice, asking Barking and Dagenham to recognise his "Bravery".
The leader of the Borough Cllr Liam Smith did send a letter of condolence to his family and Sikh Community through the management of Gurdwara Barking. When I mentioned the wishes of the Sikh community next day, he was delighted to recognise the bravery of Sukhwinder Singh in the form of Motion in the monthly Council Assembly meeting.
I had honour to move the motion which was seconded by Cllr Nirmal Singh Gill.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes from across the political spectrum were paid by Cllr Mrs Alexander, Cllr Rocky Gill, Cllr Barnbrook, Cllr Terry Justice and Cllr John Denyer.
The motion was passed unanimously which was a great respect and recognition of bravery of Sukhwinder Singh.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
Cllr Inder Singh Jamu
Oval Road South - Dagenham