Tributes paid at funeral of young alcoholic
FAMILY and friends said their final goodbyes at the funeral of Gary Reinbach, the 22-year-old alcoholic who died after being denied a life-saving liver transplant Traffic was stopped as a procession of around 100 mourners followed Gary s coffin from his
FAMILY and friends said their final goodbyes at the funeral of Gary Reinbach, the 22-year-old alcoholic who died after being denied a life-saving liver transplant
Traffic was stopped as a procession of around 100 mourners followed Gary's coffin from his home in Ibscott Close, Dagenham to Eastbrookend Cemetery.
The former Sydney Russell pupil began drinking at the age of 13 and developed one of the worst cases of cirrhosis doctors had ever seen.
NHS chiefs ruled out a liver transplant because Gary did not comply with the strict transplant criteria, which requires a drying out spell of six months before organs are donated.
You may also want to watch:
He died at University College Hospital on July 19.
FOR FULL STORY AND MORE PHOTOS SEE NEXT WEEK'S POST
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend