Trio of golds for young Swords
NEWHAM SWORDS made it a hat-trick of gold medals when under-14 England international Ife Kubler captured first place at the Bristol Premier Series Junior Event, held at the weekend. This follows the gold medals won by club team-mates, Rajan Rai, who took
NEWHAM SWORDS made it a hat-trick of gold medals when under-14 England international Ife Kubler captured first place at the Bristol Premier Series Junior Event, held at the weekend.
This follows the gold medals won by club team-mates, Rajan Rai, who took gold in the under-13 boys at the Eton National Junior Event held two weeks ago, and Kamal Minnott who captured gold in the under-13 boys at the London Academy Youth Cup, held last weekend.
"These are a great set of results for these young and talented fencers, and good preparation for next month's London Youth Games, where we will be defending champions," said Swords manager, Linda Strachan.
Other outstanding results at the Bristol Premier Series Event came from 10-year-old Rachel Shaw, who took silver in the under-11 girls after losing on the last hit, and eleven-year old Alan Lozovik, who took bronze in the under-14 boys category.
You may also want to watch:
"The success currently being achieved by our young fencers is fantastic and is down to hard work and determination," added head club coach, Pierre Harper.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL