Trunk call for a jumbo treat as circus boy gets his bearings
WE go back 21 years for this week s Days of the Old School Yard to when young David Thomas enjoyed a real jumbo treat. The East Ham lad, who was 12 back in 1988, tasted stardom when a circus came to town. An afternoon at school was replaced with a special
WE go back 21 years for this week's Days of the Old School Yard to when young David Thomas enjoyed a real jumbo treat.
The East Ham lad, who was 12 back in 1988, tasted stardom when a circus came to town.
An afternoon at school was replaced with a special visit to an American Three Ring Circus.
Winnie the Pooh helped to lift the lad to new heights as they persuaded Mary the elephant to go walkabout during the show on Wanstead Flats in Manor Park.
You may also want to watch:
Pooh was in town because he had been featuring in a stage adaptation of A. A. Milne's classic at the Mermaid Theatre.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL