Trunk call for a jumbo treat as circus boy gets his bearings
WE go back 21 years for this week s Days of the Old School Yard to when young David Thomas enjoyed a real jumbo treat. The East Ham lad, who was 12 back in 1988, tasted stardom when a circus came to town. An afternoon at school was replaced with a special
WE go back 21 years for this week's Days of the Old School Yard to when young David Thomas enjoyed a real jumbo treat.
The East Ham lad, who was 12 back in 1988, tasted stardom when a circus came to town.
An afternoon at school was replaced with a special visit to an American Three Ring Circus.
Winnie the Pooh helped to lift the lad to new heights as they persuaded Mary the elephant to go walkabout during the show on Wanstead Flats in Manor Park.
You may also want to watch:
Pooh was in town because he had been featuring in a stage adaptation of A. A. Milne's classic at the Mermaid Theatre.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings