Two for Taylor in easy triumph
EAST LONDON Men defeated Phoenix HC 5-1 in their first game of the season at Mile End Stadium last weekend. Dan Hyden opened the scoring and then Lee Tickner finished a spectacular passing move to give the Sparrowhawks a 2-0 half-time lead. Kevin Taylo
EAST LONDON Men defeated Phoenix HC 5-1 in their first game of the season at Mile End Stadium last weekend.
Dan Hyden opened the scoring and then Lee Tickner finished a spectacular passing move to give the Sparrowhawks a 2-0 half-time lead.
Kevin Taylor scored twice and James Cook added a fifth in the second half, before Phoenix managed a consolation.
The ladies team were unable to continue their great start to the season and lost 3-2 at home to University of Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The girls had the majority of the possession and deserved at least a share of the points, but were unable to convert numerous chances.
Excellent performances from Vicky Dawson and Hannah Stevenson in the East London midfield ensured the University side were camped in their own half for much of the second half, but the equalising goal was frustratingly elusive.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
Elsewhere, the mens's seconds were beaten by Phoenix seconds, while the ladies seconds were beaten 3-1 by Southend.