Two jailed for freeing prisoner
TWO MEN who helped an armed robber escape from outside Barking Court, sparking a police manhunt, began jail terms yesterday. Dion Williams and Joseph Turner were sentenced to a total of 14 years for releasing Joseph s brother Tony Turner in April 2008. W
TWO MEN who helped an armed robber escape from outside Barking Court, sparking a police manhunt, began jail terms yesterday.
Dion Williams and Joseph Turner were sentenced to a total of 14 years for releasing Joseph's brother Tony Turner in April 2008.
Williams, 24, of Ramsgate, Kent, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to pervert justice, assisting an offender, attempted robbery and possession of an imitation gun. He was jailed for 10 years.
Joseph Turner, 21, of Vincent Road, Dagenham, was found guilty of conspiracy to pervert justice, following his brother's trial. He was sentenced to four years.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Turner was due to appear at Barking Court for armed robbery last year when Williams and Joseph Turner freed him from a security van in Clockhouse Road, behind the courthouse.
After threatening the guards with guns they escaped in a Jaguar which was later found abandoned.
- 1 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 8 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 9 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting
Turner was was found in a hotel in Essex with his partner Kirsten Morton, 21, of Harold Hill who pleaded guilty and will be sentenced on April 24.
Turner pleaded guilty to robbery and possession of firearms December 4 2008 and was jailed for 16 years.