Two new faces for Daggers
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have bolstered their squad ahead of tonight s League Two clash with Lincoln City by signing Colchester United striker Jamie Guy and Weymouth defender Scott Doe. Guy, 21, has joined on a month s loan from League One side Colchester, wh
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have bolstered their squad ahead of tonight's League Two clash with Lincoln City by signing Colchester United striker Jamie Guy and Weymouth defender Scott Doe.
Guy, 21, has joined on a month's loan from League One side Colchester, while Doe, 20, has signed a two and a half year contract after leaving Weymouth due to their financial troubles.
The move resembles real ambition shown on the part of the Daggers board to back manager John Still's push for the play-offs, especially with leading scorer Paul Benson still out injured.
Guy has spent much of this season on loan at Oxford, scoring two goals in 23 appearances. He has only managed three strikes in his three years at Colchester, but has only made four starts in his time there, with a staggering 54 substitute appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Doe joined Weymouth from Swindon Town in 2007 and made 29 league starts, scoring one goal this season.
What do you think of the new signings? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations