Two new faces for Daggers
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have bolstered their squad ahead of tonight s League Two clash with Lincoln City by signing Colchester United striker Jamie Guy and Weymouth defender Scott Doe. Guy, 21, has joined on a month s loan from League One side Colchester, wh
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have bolstered their squad ahead of tonight's League Two clash with Lincoln City by signing Colchester United striker Jamie Guy and Weymouth defender Scott Doe.
Guy, 21, has joined on a month's loan from League One side Colchester, while Doe, 20, has signed a two and a half year contract after leaving Weymouth due to their financial troubles.
The move resembles real ambition shown on the part of the Daggers board to back manager John Still's push for the play-offs, especially with leading scorer Paul Benson still out injured.
Guy has spent much of this season on loan at Oxford, scoring two goals in 23 appearances. He has only managed three strikes in his three years at Colchester, but has only made four starts in his time there, with a staggering 54 substitute appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Doe joined Weymouth from Swindon Town in 2007 and made 29 league starts, scoring one goal this season.
What do you think of the new signings? Email: email@example.com
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years