Two new faces for Daggers
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have bolstered their squad ahead of tonight s League Two clash with Lincoln City by signing Colchester United striker Jamie Guy and Weymouth defender Scott Doe. Guy, 21, has joined on a month s loan from League One side Colchester, wh
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have bolstered their squad ahead of tonight's League Two clash with Lincoln City by signing Colchester United striker Jamie Guy and Weymouth defender Scott Doe.
Guy, 21, has joined on a month's loan from League One side Colchester, while Doe, 20, has signed a two and a half year contract after leaving Weymouth due to their financial troubles.
The move resembles real ambition shown on the part of the Daggers board to back manager John Still's push for the play-offs, especially with leading scorer Paul Benson still out injured.
Guy has spent much of this season on loan at Oxford, scoring two goals in 23 appearances. He has only managed three strikes in his three years at Colchester, but has only made four starts in his time there, with a staggering 54 substitute appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Doe joined Weymouth from Swindon Town in 2007 and made 29 league starts, scoring one goal this season.
What do you think of the new signings? Email: email@example.com
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham