Your article anger at the new prison dumped on Dagenham highlights so many people s views on the Governments poor plans for this area. My thanks go to the hundreds of residents who have already send it their petition forms against Jack Straw s propos
Your article "anger at the new prison dumped on Dagenham" highlights so many people's views on the Governments poor plans for this area.
My thanks go to the hundreds of residents who have already send it their petition forms against Jack Straw's proposed prison in Dagenham. It is also clear that residents who potentially will be within yards of 1500 capacity prison have not been consulted prior to this announcement.
It is possible to fight these plans as we have seen just up the road in Rainham. All residents who send back the petition cards in the next couple of weeks can rest assured that I will present them on their behalf to the Justice Secretary and together we will try to stop the Dagenham Prison in an area that should have high skilled, well paid jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Salisbury Road, Dagenham
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure