Your article anger at the new prison dumped on Dagenham highlights so many people s views on the Governments poor plans for this area. My thanks go to the hundreds of residents who have already send it their petition forms against Jack Straw s propos
Your article "anger at the new prison dumped on Dagenham" highlights so many people's views on the Governments poor plans for this area.
My thanks go to the hundreds of residents who have already send it their petition forms against Jack Straw's proposed prison in Dagenham. It is also clear that residents who potentially will be within yards of 1500 capacity prison have not been consulted prior to this announcement.
It is possible to fight these plans as we have seen just up the road in Rainham. All residents who send back the petition cards in the next couple of weeks can rest assured that I will present them on their behalf to the Justice Secretary and together we will try to stop the Dagenham Prison in an area that should have high skilled, well paid jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Salisbury Road, Dagenham
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences