United are champions
NEWHAM UNITED A lifted the Spartak Cup on Wednesday evening with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Midland. Despite having the better of the exchanges, Midland couldn t convert the chances they created and a single Tommy Turner free-kick on the half-hour mark s
NEWHAM UNITED A lifted the Spartak Cup on Wednesday evening with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Midland.
Despite having the better of the exchanges, Midland couldn't convert the chances they created and a single Tommy Turner free-kick on the half-hour mark settled the match.
Back in the League, Castle United beat Manor Park United 3-0 with Paul Motion, Chris Rowlatt and Leon Hudson bagging the goals.
Glendale ended the season in style with a 7-4 win over Newham United A where John Taylor's hat-trick, a brace from Florian Hamraoui and singles from Dave Richardson and Terry Copus cancelled out goals from Tommy Turner (2) and Danny Child (2).
You may also want to watch:
The results in Division Two have set up a title-deciding clash, as Esprit were held 2-2 by Redbridge Elite res and St Francis res beat Forest United res 4-3 with Kenny Alegbe, Michael Konis and Michael Southee netting the consolation goals.
Newham Royals were the biggest winners of the day, putting a dozen goals past bottom side Phoenix Colts in a 12-2 win.
- 1 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 2 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 8 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 9 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed