Up in the Air (15)
GEORGE Clooney is being tipped for an Oscar nomination for his role in comedy UP IN THE AIR (15), directed by Jason Reitman, the Oscar-nominated director of Juno. Ryan Bingham is a corporate hatchet man who loves his life on the road but is forced to figh
GEORGE Clooney is being tipped for an Oscar nomination for his role in comedy UP IN THE AIR (15), directed by Jason Reitman, the Oscar-nominated director of Juno.
Ryan Bingham is a corporate hatchet man who loves his life on the road but is forced to fight for his job when his company downsizes its travel budget.
He is required to spend more time at home just as he is on the cusp of a goal he's worked toward for years - reaching 10 million frequent flyer miles - and just after he's met the frequent-traveller woman of his dreams (Vera Farmiga).
Reitman says: "I saw it as a story about a guy who has to deal with the fact that, even though he thinks his life is complete, he's been ignoring something very important, which is the responsibility to be part of something larger. Ryan Bingham is so scared off by the burdens of joining a community that he's been missing out on the value of that."
You may also want to watch:
And of choosing the right actor for the role, he says: "If you're going to make a movie about a guy who fires people for a living and wants to live alone, he better be a darn charming actor. And there really isn't anyone better at that than George Clooney.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences