Man hit by a train on Chadwell Heath to Romford line
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a train on the line between Chadwell Heath station and Romford station this afternoon.
Officers from the British Transport Police and the Metropolitan Police attended the scene after the incident was reported at 1.28pm.
The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A Greater Anglia spokesman confirmed the lines had reopened at 2.52pm.
“There are some alterations to the service, but generally it is running back to normal,” the spokesman said.
A file is being prepared for the coroner.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
Are you at Chadwell Heath station? Give us a call on 0208 477 3825.