Upson injury is not long term
WITH both Valon Behrami and Jack Collison almost certainly ruled out for the rest of the season in recent games, the alarm bells were really ringing against West Brom on Monday. England centre half Matthew Upson fell to the ground clutching his calf after
WITH both Valon Behrami and Jack Collison almost certainly ruled out for the rest of the season in recent games, the alarm bells were really ringing against West Brom on Monday.
England centre half Matthew Upson fell to the ground clutching his calf after just 29 minutes of the match, and after treatment was stretchered off to be replaced by Jonathan Spector.
It looked like another disaster for West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola, but he confirmed afterwards that the injury was not as bad as first feared.
"Matthew Upson shouldn't be too bad," said the Hammers boss after Monday's 0-0 draw.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a problem with his calf, but it should not be a big concern."
Meanwhile, striker Diego Tristan will need to prove his fitness if he is to make the starting line-up at Blackburn on Saturday.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 3 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 9 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
With Carlton Cole still suspended, West Ham will look for some physical presence, but Zola is not convinced yet.
"It's an important week for him," said Zola. "It depends on how hard he works and makes me see that he is in good enough shape to make me want to play him on Saturday.