Uttley on song but Crane disqualified
ILFORD walker Steve Uttley managed 54 minutes 17 seconds for second place at the Civil Service Championships in Birmingham last week. Ilford s Bob Dobson, a winner of this title in previous years, finished 10th on this occasion. Ilford s Lesley Richardson
ILFORD walker Steve Uttley managed 54 minutes 17 seconds for second place at the Civil Service Championships in Birmingham last week.
Ilford's Bob Dobson, a winner of this title in previous years, finished 10th on this occasion. Ilford's Lesley Richardson, making her first walking appearance for a while, finished ninth in the women's 5km event.
On the following Saturday, Ilford was strongly represented in the southern team for the inter-area track match held at Darlington.
Ilford's Phil Barnard took second place in 50.09 with Steve Uttley fifth in 55.17. Sadly Ilford's second claim member Steven Crane was disqualified for a technical infringement with less than 100m to go while lying third.
You may also want to watch:
This cost the South valuable points and contributed to their narrow loss to the north in the overall standings.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock