Valence House due to reopen for first time since start of pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Valence House is set to reopen for the first time since being closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Becontree Avenue, Dagenham venue - which boasts a museum, the local archive centre and a tea room - will welcome visitors back from Tuesday, October 20.
The tea room will be serving takeaway food and drink only, while access to the museum and archive centre must be booked in advance in order to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
In addition, a face covering must be worn in all indoor areas unless you are exempt.
The museum’s opening hours are restricted to between 11am and 4.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays, when the archive centre and tea room will also be open.
You may also want to watch:
The latter two facilities will also be open between 2pm and 4.30pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays,
For more information, including how to book a visit, go to valencehousecollections.co.uk/visit-us
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night