Vera's top of the pops
DAME Vera Lynn has become the oldest living artist in the world to have a No. 1 album. We ll Meet Again – The Very Best of Vera Lynn pipped The Beatles to the top spot on Sunday, after steadily climbing the charts over the last few weeks. The 92-year-old
DAME Vera Lynn has become the oldest living artist in the world to have a No. 1 album.
We'll Meet Again - The Very Best of Vera Lynn pipped The Beatles to the top spot on Sunday, after steadily climbing the charts over the last few weeks.
The 92-year-old 'Forces Sweetheart', who lived for a number of years in Upney Lane, Barking, said she was "surprised" by her recent success.
The album was originally released to coincide with the 70th anniversary of the declaration of World War II.
You may also want to watch:
Dame Vera kept up the spirits of millions of soldiers during the conflict.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out