Vidal’s enjoying the life of Riley
CLASSY Newham BC entry Vidal Riley continued his victory march and clinched a London schools title at York Hall on Sunday, with confident performance against Dale Youth rival Zac Chellie. Riley looked one of the classiest boxers on view as he found the t
CLASSY Newham BC entry Vidal Riley continued his victory march and clinched a London schools' title at York Hall on Sunday, with confident performance against Dale Youth rival Zac Chellie.
Riley looked one of the classiest boxers on view as he found the target with his solid shots to shake his west London rival on his way to a points victory and the London Schools' Class One 50kg title.
Also impressing in Newham club colours at the finals, Desmond Johnson defeated Tommy Fant (Lynn BC) to claim the Class Three 54kg title with another bright display.
However, the London finals saw the exit of another Newham hope, Jack England, who suffered his first defeat of the season after a thrilling contest that saw a narrow verdict go in favour of talented south Londoner Albert Lee.
You may also want to watch:
Classy Newham prospect Joe Temple looked good as he defeated Eltham rival John Smith in his London semi-final. He booked his place in the London finals, that take place at the Five Star Boxing Club in Harold Hill on Saturday.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors