VIDEO: X Factor Bootcamp joy for Barking and Dagenham College student
A former Barking and Dagenham student has crooned his way to the Bootcamp stage of the X Factor.
Luke White, 25, and his bandmates Scott Ritchie and Staz Hair blew away the panel on the hit ITV1 show with a memorable version of Amy Winehouse hit Rehab over the weekend.
The three-piece, who go under the name Time Red, drew gasps from female judges Tulisa and Gerry Halliwell when they first took to the stage and went on to impress further with their vocals.
Tulisa told them they had “raw talent” and Garry Barlow added: “I think there’s something really special here”.
Luke, 25, who grew up in Collier Row, achieved a distinction in his BTEC first diploma in performing arts at Barking and Dagenham College.
You may also want to watch:
He spent three years in a Take That tribute band but recently decided to start a band with his friends Scott and Staz.
He said: “College was the best time of my life. I made some great friends there and spent every day doing what I love. I worked hard when I was there but I played hard too!”
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest
The trio gained four yes votes, meaning they have progressed to the next stage of the competition.