Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- Credit: Be First
Views are being sought on the best ways to use a community centre.
The town hall is asking people to share their ideas for a hub which is being built at Sebastian Court in Meadow Road, Barking.
People interested in applying for the lease are also encouraged to get in touch with Barking and Dagenham Council.
Councillor Saima Ashraf, the local authority's deputy leader, said: "Not only is this a fantastic opportunity for residents to come forward and have their say on what this exciting space could be used for, it’s also a chance for organisations, groups or individuals to express their interest in leasing the site.
"We want to get the most out of the space and that’s why it’s so important we hear from you."
You may also want to watch:
On top of the 95 'affordable' homes planned for the site, the area will also see playgrounds and public spaces built.
The site is open for Covid-19 safe visits on April 19 and 26.
For more visit oneboroughvoice.lbbd.gov.uk/sebastian-court
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
Applications for the lease must be made by April 30.