Voice of Doom in Harold Wood writes
How nice for the ever-optimistic Dave Pitchford to admit he was wrong about his vision of West Ham making the FA Cup Final, entering Europe and no doubt storming to victory in league, cup and Europe next season! Let s face facts. Since the loss of Bellamy
How nice for the ever-optimistic Dave Pitchford to admit he was wrong about his vision of West Ham making the FA Cup Final, entering Europe and no doubt storming to victory in league, cup and Europe next season!
Let's face facts. Since the loss of Bellamy we have hardly won a league game, and one of those was against a dreadful Hull City side, and in the past five matches I think we have only scored twice.
That speaks for itself. In my opinion David Di Michele and Diego Tristan should be sent back to wherever they came from, they are simply not good enough.
At the same time, Freddie Sears looked like a little boy lost at Middlesbrough last night. Isn't it about time he was sent off on loan somewhere to learn his trade and perhaps muscle up a bit?
As far as I'm concerned the season is now over for the Hammers and the players seem to feel that before the end of the match against Boro.
There was no fight, no invention and when they went behind, there was no back-up plan to get them back into the game.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 3 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 4 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 5 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
Poor old Carlton Cole was left on his own up front to deal with two big centre halves and you wonder why he didn't get in many shots at goal.
It seems to me that it might be time for a rest for Mark Noble, even after his suspension on Sunday, while even Robert Green and Matthew Upson have started making silly mistakes.
If Spurs win the Carling Cup on Sunday, then the chances of making Europe will become even more remote. That must be the time to try out some of the fringe players because they can't do any worse than the ones who played up north yesterday.
And Dave, it's not hard to see why Boro are in the league position they are - they are pretty rubbish. But in two games over two weeks, West Ham without Bellamy, showed they are even worse!