Vose at the double
West Ham 3 Crystal Palace 0 SCHOOLBOYS Dominic Vose and Robert Hall proved too hot to handle for Crystal Palace on Saturday morning as West Ham s Academy team returned to winning ways. The under-18s have not been at their best since their disappointing FA
West Ham 3 Crystal Palace 0
SCHOOLBOYS Dominic Vose and Robert Hall proved too hot to handle for Crystal Palace on Saturday morning as West Ham's Academy team returned to winning ways.
The under-18s have not been at their best since their disappointing FA Youth Cup loss to Newcastle United, but they bounced back in style to brush Palace aside at Little Heath with three second-half strikes.
Winger Vose, just 16, bagged two goals and fellow 16-year-old Hall, scored the first to give West Ham all three points.
Academy director Tony Carr was delighted with the four schoolboys he had in his side, with Dylan Tombides and Blair Turgott joining Hall and Vose.
"I'm more than pleased and it bodes well for the future," said Carr. "We have a very young team who will get better and better."
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 8 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 9 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
West Ham: Loveday, Driver, Lampe, McNaughton, Brown, Wearen (Moncur), Vose, Turgott, Abdulla (Purdy), Tombides (Subuola) Hall.