NOW here s a Days of the Old School Yard to savour as we travel back nearly 70 years. Reader Marjorie Beeley sent in this super shot of children from West Ham back in 1940. She tells us: It was, of course, a completely different time in our lives back th
NOW here's a Days of the Old School Yard to savour as we travel back nearly 70 years.
Reader Marjorie Beeley sent in this super shot of children from West Ham back in 1940.
She tells us: "It was, of course, a completely different time in our lives back then. The picture shows children from West Ham who were evacuees to Caldecott, Rutland, during the Second World War."
Caldecott is near Wellingborough in middle- England, between Leicester and Peterborough and not far from Corby.
You may also want to watch:
Marjorie, who now lives in Gloucestershire, told us: "I would really love to know if anyone recognises themselves from the picture, which I have always treasured."
You can write to Marjorie c/o the Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford IG1 1UD, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pass it on.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
Or you can write to her direct at 23 Churchdown Lane, Huddlescote, Gloucestershire GL3 3QH.