NOW here s a Days of the Old School Yard to savour as we travel back nearly 70 years. Reader Marjorie Beeley sent in this super shot of children from West Ham back in 1940. She tells us: It was, of course, a completely different time in our lives back th
NOW here's a Days of the Old School Yard to savour as we travel back nearly 70 years.
Reader Marjorie Beeley sent in this super shot of children from West Ham back in 1940.
She tells us: "It was, of course, a completely different time in our lives back then. The picture shows children from West Ham who were evacuees to Caldecott, Rutland, during the Second World War."
Caldecott is near Wellingborough in middle- England, between Leicester and Peterborough and not far from Corby.
Marjorie, who now lives in Gloucestershire, told us: "I would really love to know if anyone recognises themselves from the picture, which I have always treasured."
You can write to Marjorie c/o the Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford IG1 1UD, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pass it on.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 5 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 8 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 9 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 10 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
Or you can write to her direct at 23 Churchdown Lane, Huddlescote, Gloucestershire GL3 3QH.