Watch the Christmas video by Dagenham’s own Leigh Luscious
- Credit: Archant
It can be an expensive time of the year but that didn’t stop Dagenham singing sensation Leigh Luscious from making her Christmas video - for just £50.
The performer, real name Leigh Phelen, filmed the majority of Never Had Your Heart Broken at the grotto in Basildon shopping centre, forking out just £25 on a Santa outfit with the rest going on transport costs.
“It just shows that even on a budget you can still make a video - you just have to be more creative,” Leigh, who lives in Elstow Road, said. “It was lovely going into Santa’s grotto and I didn’t really expect, as an adult, to find it so magical.”
The film crew had to pop in and out of the grotto as the owners were unable to close it for the shoot, making filming a little bit disjointed.
But bumping into some friends of friends enabled Leigh to corner some extras - although they weren’t all that musically inclined.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very sweet because there is a little boy at the front who was swaying in completely the wrong direction,” Leigh admitted.
“But everyone seems to like the track and the grotto staff were saying that it’s really catchy. Hopefully it makes people feel really Christmassy.”
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 8 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 9 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 10 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award