We don't want London's undesirables
ALONG with my relatives, friends and neighbours, we have just heard on the news…that Barking and Dagenham have just got the Green light to build a prison! Along with Chelmsford, who already have one. 60 years ago we become the borough for London s oversp
ALONG with my relatives, friends and neighbours, we have just heard on the news...that Barking and Dagenham have just got the Green light to build a prison! Along with Chelmsford, who already have one.
60 years ago we become the borough for London's overspill to ease over crowding after the war.
Now we are the borough for London's undesirables!
If London doesn't want them, we get lumbered as London's dumping ground.
Our councillors and MPs have kept quiet over this issue.
Probably because Rainham successfully protested against a prison and a large church being built there.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
It was people power that won the day, now it's our turn to protest, or show how we feel at the next elections and tell our councillors and MPs now!
Where are they going to build it - where new housing estates are going to be, on the Riverside? That's the only place I can think it could possibly go!
Do you want to live near a prison? Then why should we!
Mrs Swinburn - Dagenham