We should get to choose our representatives
You can imagine my outrage when I read that Councillor Barns is no longer able to stand for election. I have had dealings with Fred for at least 6 years and on numerous occasions gone to him for advice and help he always has time to listen and does his b
You can imagine my outrage when I read that Councillor Barns is no longer able to stand for election.
I have had dealings with Fred for at least 6 years and on numerous occasions gone to him for advice and help he always has time to listen and does his best to rectify problems in hardly any time at all instead of forgetting about you.
He has solved quickly and efficiently personal problems I have had when the council have not taken notice.
I have also been chair of Goresbrook Village communal activities group for the past year and in the winter of 2008 we were without heating over the Christmas period and beyond even on Christmas eve when not many people would bother he was making enquiries and representing the residents of Goresbrook village, which just goes to show he always goes that extra mile.
As I am sure you may know our estate has many problems and I have asked for councillor Barns help on numerous occasions and each time he fights our corner and helps get our voices heard.
He has been working with me to try and organise activities for the youth, and is always a pleasure to work with.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 7 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
Surely it is up to the people to choose who represent us and by public opinion I think you can clearly see we want Fred.
It seems to me that the councillors that have been deselected are those who play an active part in the community and a clearly doing there jobs properly and making our voices heard I feel maybe they have been deselected because they are putting others to shame!
Mrs Z Radley