We were not a mob
In answer to Mob Mentality (Letters March 18) if in fact you were there on Thursday morning, you would have seen that there were not enough people to make a mob. And we were certainly not forcing anyone to sign the petition we were asking people, not ev
In answer to 'Mob Mentality' (Letters March 18) if in fact you were there on Thursday morning, you would have seen that there were not enough people to make a mob.
And we were certainly not forcing anyone to sign the petition we were asking people, not everyone did, we were actually being approached by parents & carers to sign it.
As parents we leave our children at school to learn both intellectual skills as well as social skills, not to be terrorised by a stranger entering the playground TWICE on two consecutive days, at what should be a care free time of their lives.
If the head master does not fulfil his duty of care to the children attending his school, then surely as parents we have a right to not put our children in danger.
You may also want to watch:
I think the headlines and comments about our protest for a safer school would have been very different had the man hurt or even killed one of the children.
This protest by a small minority of the parents who attend Grafton Junior school want some security measures put in place so that the children can go out to play, participate in PE without being watched by a man sitting on a shed continuously, and having fear that he may when he feels like it, enter the playground and school building.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
So before you judge parents, who want a safer secure environment, please know the whole facts and then by all means give your point of view.