We were not a mob
In answer to Mob Mentality (Letters March 18) if in fact you were there on Thursday morning, you would have seen that there were not enough people to make a mob. And we were certainly not forcing anyone to sign the petition we were asking people, not ev
In answer to 'Mob Mentality' (Letters March 18) if in fact you were there on Thursday morning, you would have seen that there were not enough people to make a mob.
And we were certainly not forcing anyone to sign the petition we were asking people, not everyone did, we were actually being approached by parents & carers to sign it.
As parents we leave our children at school to learn both intellectual skills as well as social skills, not to be terrorised by a stranger entering the playground TWICE on two consecutive days, at what should be a care free time of their lives.
If the head master does not fulfil his duty of care to the children attending his school, then surely as parents we have a right to not put our children in danger.
I think the headlines and comments about our protest for a safer school would have been very different had the man hurt or even killed one of the children.
This protest by a small minority of the parents who attend Grafton Junior school want some security measures put in place so that the children can go out to play, participate in PE without being watched by a man sitting on a shed continuously, and having fear that he may when he feels like it, enter the playground and school building.
- 1 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 4 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 6 Barking BikeFest comes to town
- 7 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 8 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 9 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 10 Trust cuts waiting list backlog created by computer error
So before you judge parents, who want a safer secure environment, please know the whole facts and then by all means give your point of view.