Barking and Dagenham swelters in mini heatwave today
- Credit: Archant
People in Barking and Dagenham are getting the sun lotion back out and flip flops back on as temperatures are expected to soar to 32C today.
The return to the heatwave follows a week of unpredictable weather, before which the UK enjoyed a long stretch of scorching hot weather.
The temperature will be at its hottest between 4pm and 7pm today, falling to 24C by midnight.
Tomorrow will be relatively cooler with highs of 24C, and the mercury is forecast to drop further into the weekend.
With next week also predicted to be rainy, this could be the last real day of summer.
Are you out enjoying the sun today? Send your photos in to us either by emailing them to email@example.com or by tweeting us @BDPost or send them to us via www.facebook.com/barkinganddagenhampost.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 9 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 10 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms