Gallery: Snowy scenes in Barking and Dagenham as transport delays are reported
- Credit: Archant
Snowfall across the capital today has led to transport disruptions in Barking and Dagenham.
The Met Office today issued a “yellow warning” for London and south east England, with between 5 and 10cm of the white stuff expected to accumulate.
Train operator c2c, which has services running to Essex in the east and Fenchurch Street in the west, reported delays owing to a train fault at Upminster.
Services were being delayed by around 10 minutes this morning, its website said.
The District line and Hammersmith & City lines are both running a good service.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the winter wonderland scenes have got many in an icy buzz and residents have been taking to social networking sites to share their pictures.
The image above, sent to the Post by Reader Kerry Cannadine, shows a healthy blanket of untouched snow dusted over her back garden in Maxey Gardens, Dagenham this morning.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
Have you taken snow pictures?
If so send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send picture to iwitness. Sign up at iwitness24.co.uk