Gallery: Snowy scenes in Barking and Dagenham as transport delays are reported
- Credit: Archant
Snowfall across the capital today has led to transport disruptions in Barking and Dagenham.
The Met Office today issued a “yellow warning” for London and south east England, with between 5 and 10cm of the white stuff expected to accumulate.
Train operator c2c, which has services running to Essex in the east and Fenchurch Street in the west, reported delays owing to a train fault at Upminster.
Services were being delayed by around 10 minutes this morning, its website said.
The District line and Hammersmith & City lines are both running a good service.
Meanwhile, the winter wonderland scenes have got many in an icy buzz and residents have been taking to social networking sites to share their pictures.
The image above, sent to the Post by Reader Kerry Cannadine, shows a healthy blanket of untouched snow dusted over her back garden in Maxey Gardens, Dagenham this morning.
- 1 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 3 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 4 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 5 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 6 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
Have you taken snow pictures?
If so send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send picture to iwitness. Sign up at iwitness24.co.uk