Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- Credit: PA
A yellow weather warning has been issued across London and the south east of England.
The Met Office has warned that thunderstorms are expected between 1pm to just before 12 midnight today (Tuesday, July 20).
The forecasters are currently expecting the rain to hit around 3pm or 4pm in east London.
It is expected that the storms will impact travel and power supplies, with flash flooding a risk.
There is a chance of lightning strikes, hail and strong winds and the Met Office has warned of difficult driving conditions and road closures.
Should there be flooding or lightning strikes, train and bus services could be cancelled.
The weather forecast shows that although the thunderstorm may miss some places, where it hits is likely to experience torrential rain, frequent lightning and gusty winds.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Town hall agrees to buy 62 homes in Barking development
- 5 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 6 Family things to do in London this summer
- 7 What's on across the east London area this weekend
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Plans for new mosque in Dagenham rejected
- 10 Eastbrookend Country Park added to TfL map of cultural highlights
It is predicted that the thunderstorms could produce 30 to 60mm of rain within one to two hours.
Power cuts may also occur as a result of the thunderstorms and services to homes and businesses could be lost.