Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning of heavy rain for London.
Starting from 4pm this afternoon, forecasters have predicted disruptions this evening and overnight as a result of the wet and windy weather.
They have advised of potential disruption to power supplies and other services, while "flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely".
Journeys are also expected to be impacted due to flooding on the roads.
This comes following a thunderstorm warning which runs through to midday today (October 20).
The weather is expected to remain relatively dry across London until later this afternoon, with temperatures of 16°/17°.
- 1 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 2 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 3 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 4 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 5 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 10 Teenager who died in Barking waterway named as Azoulas Zygelis