London set for mini heatwave, with chance of 25C temperatures
- Credit: Sean Pollock
The heatwave we should have had in August is arriving a bit late — but it's still expected to come.
Forecasters tell us we'll be basking this coming week with long spells of sunshine beginning Saturday, September 4.
Any overnight cloud should break in the morning, and the Met Office said the maximum temperature could be 24C.
Sunday looks to be dry and bright, with more sunshine and maybe a little breezy, according to the forecasters.
Then it's pure sunshine set for Monday and the rest of the week, feeling very warm for September with temperatures reaching 25C-plus.
You may also want to watch:
The mini-heatwave in London could last until the next weekend, it is predicted. That makes up for a disappointing August.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 7 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip
- 10 Data reveals number of road incidents involving children in borough