Morning rush hour misery after heavy snow
- Credit: C2c
Trains face severe disruption due to wintery weather, giving commuters another reason to be miserable during morning rush hour.
Travel alerts were issued for London’s transport network after heavy snow fell overnight.
Amber weather warnings for snow are in place for areas covering the capital, east and south east England.
Seven tube lines are experiencing delays, according to Transport for London.
There are severe delays on Central line trains between Leytonstone and both Epping and Hainault, with delays on the rest of the line due to earlier faulty trains.
You may also want to watch:
There is a good service on all other lines.
Tickets are being accepted on local buses, TfL reports.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest
Train operators warn of disruption to rail services with a dozen companies affected, including: c2c, Greater Anglia, London Overground, Southeastern, Stansted Express, TfL Rail and Virgin Trains.