Pictures: Snow blankets Barking and Dagenham
Children have been taking advantage of the snow overnight in Barking and Dagenham to have some fun, while others have been trying to clear the white stuff off their cars so they can get moving.
Young Mia Bailey, four, took no notice of the cold as she jumped into the snow to make snow angels and a snowman.
Zoe Smith of Axe Street, Barking, sent in pictures of herself enjoying the snow with her son Taylor, seven, and her neighbour’s daughter Trinity, 10, covering her in snow. Her son Taylor also took advantage of the weather to get the sledge out.
In Dagenham, Elaine Ward from Huntings Road sent in a picture of her back garden covered in unmarked snow, and of her stepdaughter Susan Ward clearing the family car of the white stuff.
While many are having fun in the snow there are people who could be left more vulnerable by the weather. Writing on the Post’s Facebook page Barking and Dagenham Volunteer Bureau said: “As the weather is turning colder, if anyone knows of any vulnerable residents that may need any assistance please let us know at the Barking and Dagenham Volunteer Bureau either through Facebook or directly on 020 8532 7344.
You may also want to watch:
“We are able to help with collecting emergency shopping, telephoning them daily to ensure they are fine, accessing warm bedding and other services that are being run by various groups across the borough to help vulnerable residents during the colder weather. Please remember your vulnerable neighbours in the next few days.”
Send your snow pictures to email@example.com and let us know about your snow experiences.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 9 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection