Strong winds knock down 6ft wall outside Chadwell Heath home
A “terrifying” ordeal was experienced by a family as strong winds caused their home to shake and bring down a 6ft wall.
Lena Harbour of Eva Road, Chadwell Heath and her three children were in the house when the damage happened at around 8am this morning.
She said: “We thought there had been an explosion, the whole house was shaking and my daughter started crying.
“The front garden wall went first and we then heard an horrific sound and the back garden wall which runs around the whole perimeter had fallen too.
“It was terrifying. The wall was still intact in the middle of the street. The winds were just horrendous and it all happened in seconds.
You may also want to watch:
“I was screaming and shouting, it felt like an earthquake. It was such a relief when I knew no one had been hurt. Thankfully all my children were still in the house because I said I would drive them to school due to the weather.”
Have you been affected by the strong winds? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3778.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend