East London weather forecast: Yellow warning for thunderstorms
- Credit: Ken Mears
Next week's weather will be a mixed bag for east London, starting with thunderstorms expected tomorrow.
The storms - set to arrive on Saturday (July 3) - will be accompanied by temperatures of 22C, the hottest expected over the coming days.
This turbulent weather is unlikely to be welcomed by residents still recovering after a "tornado" hit Barking last Friday.
While such severe conditions aren't anticipated this week, the expected thunder has prompted the Met Office to issue a yellow weather warning for tomorrow.
This spells bad news for those hoping to celebrate the upcoming National BBQ Week a little early.
The weather may also force a rethink amongst football fans planning to watch England vs Ukraine outside.
Sunday and Monday look set to be dominated by cloud and light rain, before the sun finally comes out on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
By Wednesday (July 7), temperatures should rise again to around 20C, with this set to increase by one degree the following day.
Light showers are predicted for both days, despite the reasonably warm temperatures.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 5 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 6 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 7 Town hall agrees to buy 62 homes in Barking development
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Temporary Jobcentre opens in Barking