East London weather forecast: Yellow warning for thunderstorms
- Credit: Ken Mears
Next week's weather will be a mixed bag for east London, starting with thunderstorms expected tomorrow.
The storms - set to arrive on Saturday (July 3) - will be accompanied by temperatures of 22C, the hottest expected over the coming days.
This turbulent weather is unlikely to be welcomed by residents still recovering after a "tornado" hit Barking last Friday.
While such severe conditions aren't anticipated this week, the expected thunder has prompted the Met Office to issue a yellow weather warning for tomorrow.
This spells bad news for those hoping to celebrate the upcoming National BBQ Week a little early.
The weather may also force a rethink amongst football fans planning to watch England vs Ukraine outside.
Sunday and Monday look set to be dominated by cloud and light rain, before the sun finally comes out on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
By Wednesday (July 7), temperatures should rise again to around 20C, with this set to increase by one degree the following day.
Light showers are predicted for both days, despite the reasonably warm temperatures.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 7 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences