West Ham could make a shock move for Inter’s Brazilian star
WEST HAM are looking to prise Inter Milan s Brazilian star Mancini to Upton Park. The 28-year-old winger made only 13 appearances in the Serie A champions star-studded line-up last season, scoring one goal. Hammers officials were in Milan over the weekend
WEST HAM are looking to prise Inter Milan's Brazilian star Mancini to Upton Park.
The 28-year-old winger made only 13 appearances in the Serie A champions star-studded line-up last season, scoring one goal.
Hammers officials were in Milan over the weekend to finalise a deal for striker Luis Jimenez, but it is said that they also asked about the possibility of signing the six-cap Brazilian player as well.
Mancini scored 40 goals in 154 games for Roma, while he really came to prominence with a breathtaking individual goal against Lyon in the Champions League, where a series of step-overs bamboozled his marker, before he thumped the ball into the roof of the net.
It may well be tougher to bring Mancini to Upton Park than was the case with Jimenez.
West Ham could be looking for another loan deal, but Inter may be keener on a cash move.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 7 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Man in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 10 House badly damaged by blaze in Dagenham
Technical director Gianluca Nani and chief executive Scott Duxbury continue to scour Europe for bargains, but it seems that both Nani's and manager Gianfranco Zola's Italian contacts may still be the best bet in the next few weeks.