West Ham could make a shock move for Inter’s Brazilian star
WEST HAM are looking to prise Inter Milan s Brazilian star Mancini to Upton Park. The 28-year-old winger made only 13 appearances in the Serie A champions star-studded line-up last season, scoring one goal. Hammers officials were in Milan over the weekend
WEST HAM are looking to prise Inter Milan's Brazilian star Mancini to Upton Park.
The 28-year-old winger made only 13 appearances in the Serie A champions star-studded line-up last season, scoring one goal.
Hammers officials were in Milan over the weekend to finalise a deal for striker Luis Jimenez, but it is said that they also asked about the possibility of signing the six-cap Brazilian player as well.
Mancini scored 40 goals in 154 games for Roma, while he really came to prominence with a breathtaking individual goal against Lyon in the Champions League, where a series of step-overs bamboozled his marker, before he thumped the ball into the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
It may well be tougher to bring Mancini to Upton Park than was the case with Jimenez.
West Ham could be looking for another loan deal, but Inter may be keener on a cash move.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Technical director Gianluca Nani and chief executive Scott Duxbury continue to scour Europe for bargains, but it seems that both Nani's and manager Gianfranco Zola's Italian contacts may still be the best bet in the next few weeks.