As a supporter, I too am fully aware of our URGENT need for a striker before our Premiership kick off on Saturday, which is leaving things late and cutting it fine. I guess if the quality that they are meant to be after is anything to go by, whoever come
As a supporter, I too am fully aware of our URGENT need for a striker before our Premiership kick off on Saturday, which is leaving things late and cutting it fine.
I guess if the quality that they are meant to be after is anything to go by, whoever comes to the club by then will be good enough to be able to hit the ground running.
On a slightly better note, the praising of Carlton Cole is long overdue, when he came to the club many criticised him saying that he wasn't good enough and many for his affiliation with Chelsea, on fact there are some that still like to criticise him for his lack of goals and that he isn't the best striker at the club.
Curbishley gave him a run in the side and stood by him and Cole gave his all, confidence permitting as many fans made his life difficult with the booing of him.
You may also want to watch:
This is never nice and as he was our only option the booing subsided. Zola also stood by and with Cole and ultimately the "Player" that was always within Cole is now there for all to see.
I think Cole has amazing ability and is only one of a few players in this country that can do what he does and people who know football can see this, Curbs, Zola, Capello and all the other managers that came sniffing around when the "Supporters" got on his back.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
The moral here is simple, "When our players step onto the pitch, putting in a shift and doing their best in the Claret and Blue that is West Ham United, Support them and back them, because through support the players grow too and ultimately will be able to give their Best