When they offer cheap air raid shelters - I'm off
CHANGES are fine, if they are for the better, but what has happened in Dagenham over the past few years seems to have the reverse effect. Select stores have upped sticks and shot off. Sainsbury s, W H Smith, H. Samuels. It s hard to believe that this b
CHANGES are fine, if they are for the better, but what has happened in Dagenham over the past few years seems to have the reverse effect.
Select stores have upped sticks and shot off. Sainsbury's, W H Smith, H. Samuels. It's hard to believe that this borough is Barking and Dagenham, Barking gets the face lifts whilst Dagenham gets new pavements at the Heathway.
The old Gateway supermarket next to Heathway station stands empty as though it's a listed property. Why not develop it within the confines of the station so that we can have our own little Fulham Broadway style station with a bit of class.
It's hard to believe that place sounding names have gone by the way. Dagenham Motors is now Barking Motors, and what are the chances that the Dagenham Town Show will be held this year in Billericay.
You may also want to watch:
I suppose the proposed prison earmarked for Dagenham will add a certain welcoming feeling to those undesirables mentioned in the postbag letters May 6 "Borough of Undesirables" .
After years of flying the red flag for Labour you would think the voters were worth more than a Judas handshake.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Now that Australia has become more selective with who it takes in, I suppose London has to find somewhere to place those found guilty of stealing a loaf of bread.
A while back when those in power were debating the site for Euro Disney, Paris was approved over Rainham Marshes for fear of upsetting the wild life population.
Surely people come before wildlife, so why not put the prison on the marshes, then all the bird brains can be together.
I can't help feeling that there is something in the air and I wouldn't mind betting its aimed right at us in Dagenham.
When the stores start offering cheap air raid shelters I'm off.
Orchard Road Dagenham