Will it be another FFF-iasco?
LONDON health chiefs got a bloody nose the last time they hatched a plan to shut our A&E – this time it is unlikely to be different. The inaptly named Fit for The Future scheme was fatally flawed, as it failed to convince anyone that the health of the bor
LONDON health chiefs got a bloody nose the last time they hatched a plan to shut our A&E - this time it is unlikely to be different.
The inaptly named Fit for The Future scheme was fatally flawed, as it failed to convince anyone that the health of the borough's citizens would be improved.
The latest plan differs from the FFF fiasco as it has only one option, but at first glance little else has changed.
It is hard to believe the growing population of Redbridge will benefit from not having an A&E and the introduction of polyclinics is untried and untested.
There is also a suggestion that the roll-out of polyclinics will be halted, should a Conservative government be elected next year.
Sure, there will be consultation - oddly planned over the Christmas period again - but what will that entail? "Health chiefs plan to close your A&E department, do you agree with it?"
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 5 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Dagenham man fined £15k for building a two-bed flat in his garden
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
This newspaper has constantly stood in the firing line to protect the community of Redbridge and if necessary will do so again.
And if the health services for this borough are to be reduced because of the failings of trust managers - including the pilloried Mark Rees - then that is nothing short of a national scandal.