Will pison be the last Straw?
Having heard the announcement, by Jack Straw, that a prison is to be built in Dagenham on the Ford Motor Company site, I read Hansard in order to hear what our MP Jon Cruddas had to say about it. To my amazement, he sat in the Commons Chamber and said p
Having heard the announcement, by Jack Straw, that a prison is to be built in Dagenham on the Ford Motor Company site, I read Hansard in order to hear what our MP Jon Cruddas had to say about it.
To my amazement, he sat in the Commons Chamber and said precisely nothing. When questioned afterwards he claimed to have only heard of the decision two hours before Mr Straw's speech.
I can but believe him, although I have it on good authority that the council has been aware of the proposal for some time.
I know that the Labour Party is in disarray but the idea that such a controversial decision was kept from our parliamentary representative stretches my imagination and credulity.
I await with bated breath the action that Mr Cruddas intends to take in protestation against what will, unquestionably, be a most unpopular decision to the vast majority of his constituents.
I wonder, will this be the Last Straw?
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 'Dickensian diseases’ to rise as a result of cost-of-living, warns Labour
- 9 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
Cllr Terry Justice - Chadwell Heath