Will pison be the last Straw?
Having heard the announcement, by Jack Straw, that a prison is to be built in Dagenham on the Ford Motor Company site, I read Hansard in order to hear what our MP Jon Cruddas had to say about it. To my amazement, he sat in the Commons Chamber and said p
Having heard the announcement, by Jack Straw, that a prison is to be built in Dagenham on the Ford Motor Company site, I read Hansard in order to hear what our MP Jon Cruddas had to say about it.
To my amazement, he sat in the Commons Chamber and said precisely nothing. When questioned afterwards he claimed to have only heard of the decision two hours before Mr Straw's speech.
I can but believe him, although I have it on good authority that the council has been aware of the proposal for some time.
I know that the Labour Party is in disarray but the idea that such a controversial decision was kept from our parliamentary representative stretches my imagination and credulity.
I await with bated breath the action that Mr Cruddas intends to take in protestation against what will, unquestionably, be a most unpopular decision to the vast majority of his constituents.
I wonder, will this be the Last Straw?
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition
Cllr Terry Justice - Chadwell Heath