Williams is on the look-out
ORIENT reported back for pre-season training this week, with just three new summer signings aboard. Scott McGleish, Ben Chorley and Adrian Patulea are the new additions - but boss Geraint Williams insists that more arrivals are on their way. With Sean Tho
ORIENT reported back for pre-season training this week, with just three new summer signings aboard.
Scott McGleish, Ben Chorley and Adrian Patulea are the new additions - but boss Geraint Williams insists that more arrivals are on their way.
With Sean Thonton agreeing a new deal along with Andrew Cave-Brown and Loick Pires, Williams currently has a 17-strong squad for the new campaign.
"There are other areas that need improving still, but we will keep that under the hat until we get people in the building," said Williams.
You may also want to watch:
"I think that it's wrong when you go out and say 'we need this and we need that' because it alerts everybody else.
"We know what we're looking for and we're on the phones looking for the right people."
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
But one player linked with a move to Brisbane Road this week was former Yeovil striker Luke Rodgers.
He has been an Orient target in the past, but was not keen on a move south.
League One rivals Brighton are also interested in the former Port Vale man.
While rumours persist that Dean Bowditch, who was released by Ipswich last season, could also be Brisbane Road bound.
But while Williams keeps his targets under wraps, he is pleased with the rebuilding programme so far and added: "The re-shaping of the squad is coming along fine, and I'm delighted with the people we have been able to bring in."
Talking about his most recent signing, Patulea, Williams said: "He's a goalscorer. We'll have him around the pitch playing his football, but what he does is get in the box and scores all types of goals.
"While Ben Chorley will add steel to the team.
"He played a huge part in Tranmere's fine defensive record last season and I was really pleased to bring him in.
"He will give us a bit of bite at the back."
The O's chief is also looking forward to working with striker Scott McGleish again.
"Scott had a huge impact when he walked into the building last season, so it's nice to get him full-time," added the Orient boss.
"He's a big character.