Williams named as Ling's successor
FORMER Colchester United manager Geraint Williams has been appointed as the new Orient manager until the end of the season. He succeeds Martin Ling, who was sacked following less than 24 hours after the club s home defeat by Bristol Rovers last month. Wil
FORMER Colchester United manager Geraint Williams has been appointed as the new Orient manager until the end of the season.
He succeeds Martin Ling, who was sacked following less than 24 hours after the club's home defeat by Bristol Rovers last month.
Williams will take charge of the side for Saturday's match at Tranmere Rovers, where he will be assisted by Kevin Nugent, who had stepped up from his position as youth team manager to become caretaker boss following the departure of Ling.
The 47-year-old former Colchester manager, who led the Essex club to 10th place in the Championship two years ago, has three months to save the side from the drop into League Two.
You may also want to watch:
But while there is a change on the managerial side, Barry Hearn will remain in charge of the club for the time being, as talks regarding a takeover of the club have ended.
Hearn, who has been chairman for 14 yeas, was in discussions with a consortium regarding his shareholding in the club, but the parties have been unable to reach an agreement over terms and negotiations have ceased.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed