Williams won’t set points tally
ORIENT look for their fourth straight win when they entertain Walsall on Saturday - but boss Geraint Williams has refused to set his side a League One survival target, writes Trevor Davies. There s no target, because it can be foolish to set one if it s
ORIENT look for their fourth straight win when they entertain Walsall on Saturday - but boss Geraint Williams has refused to set his side a League One survival target, writes Trevor Davies.
"There's no target, because it can be foolish to set one if it's not enough," he said. "And once you have reached it, there's always a danger the players might relax and think they've done it.
"The only target we have is to try and win every game and see where it takes us."
Striker Adam Boyd and midfielder Adam Chambers are unlikely to be fit for the weekend's match.
"They have not trained yet, and we don't want to rush them," said Williams, who has been delighted with his side's form. "It's been a great week, with three wins and three different types of performances. All the boys deserve credit.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 9 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told