Win a Taste of Christmas
TASTE of Christmas, in partnership with Waitrose, is THE food and drink event of the festive season. It is the most exciting event for food lovers at this time of year and returns to ExCel in Custom House, Docklands, from December 4-6, for indulgent eatin
TASTE of Christmas, in partnership with Waitrose, is THE food and drink event of the festive season.
It is the most exciting event for food lovers at this time of year and returns to ExCel in Custom House, Docklands, from December 4-6, for indulgent eating, drinking and shopping.
And the Recorder is giving away five pairs of tickets to the three-day-feast, which brings together 18 of London's most highly acclaimed restaurants, a hand-picked selection of stylish food and drink brands, plus all the most discerning foodie cognoscenti to create a winter wonderland of flavour.
A highlight will be the chance for visitors to try out the chefs' seasonal dishes - meaning you can create festive tasting menus of your own choosing, while you explore the show.
You may also want to watch:
Chefs from the UK's dynamic dining scene will share their pick of exotic Christmas dishes from all over the world, while leading sommeliers and wine writers offer their suggestions for winning wine matches to create that unique Christmas dinner.
Taste of Christmas is a day out packed full of gastronomic inspiration. Christmas shopping opportunities are plentiful. Visitors can replenish the cellar at the Taste Boutique Wine Market, stock up the fridge with artisan cheeses, luxurious chocolates and preserves or even pick their Christmas turkey. A handy "Shop and Drop" service allows visitors to store purchases for collection later in the day or have them delivered to their home in time for Christmas. Exciting new features for 2009 are Taste Beer with Beer Exposed (including beer masterclasses, tastings and a beer market), Taste Cheese and Taste Chocolate. The ever-popular Taste Cookery School and Taste Theatre return this year.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
To find out how you could win a pair to tickets, see this week's Recorder.