Win a trip to Whipsnade Zoo
IT S time for an exciting adventure at Whipsnade Zoo, on the trail of the big five! We are giving away tickets so you can see some of the greatest stars of the animal kingdom and learn about them in a fun and challenging way. The BIG 5 is an experience f
IT'S time for an exciting adventure at Whipsnade Zoo, on the trail of the big five!
We are giving away tickets so you can see some of the greatest stars of the animal kingdom and learn about them in a fun and challenging way.
The BIG 5 is an experience for adventurers big and small. Pick up your essential full colour quest guide at the start of the trail, which takes you around the five "action stops".
Take a peek through the rustic bear hide, check for signs of life and spot the cuddly European brown bears - Wellington, Winslow, Wendy and Penny. Try out the wheel of fortune at the Lions of the Serengeti and see how you measure up to a giraffe.
You may also want to watch:
Learn about the make-up of a rhino's horn and pit your hearing against an elephant's with the fun "giant ear", or check out the size of a pachyderm's footprint.
Set in 600 acres of scenic parkland on the top of the Chiltern hills, Whipsnade offers the opportunity to see more than 200 species of the most incredible and endangered creatures, making it one of Europe's largest zoos.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
Visitors can wander on foot, take a trip on the free Safari Tour bus, or have an old-fashioned adventure by steam train aboard The Jumbo Express.
To find out how you could win tickets to Whipsnade Zoo, see this week's Recorder.