Win family day special at Docklands museum
MUSEUM of London Docklands tells the history of this special part of the capital, from Roman settlement to Docklands regeneration, unlocking the history of London s river, port and people. Discover a wealth of objects from whale bones to World War Two ga
MUSEUM of London Docklands tells the history of this special part of the capital, from Roman settlement to Docklands' regeneration, unlocking the history of London's river, port and people.
Discover a wealth of objects from whale bones to World War Two gas masks in stunning galleries, including Mudlarks, an interactive area for children; Sailortown, an atmospheric re-creation of 19th century riverside Wapping and London, Sugar and Slavery, which reveals the city's involvement in the transatlantic slave trade.
Entry is �5 for adults, �3 concessions. Tickets allow unlimited entry for one year and children enter free all year round.
The museum is in a historic warehouse at West India Quay and is open daily from 10am to 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
We are giving away free admission and a special guided family tour from one of the museum's hosts for two adults and children.
To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home