Win tickets to Olivier award-winning play
BRIAN Friel s Olivier award-winning play, Dancing at Lughnasa – a touching reflection of rural Ireland in the 1930s on the brink of industrialisation – returns to London for the first time since its premiere in 1990. And we are giving away five pairs of
BRIAN Friel's Olivier award-winning play, Dancing at Lughnasa - a touching reflection of rural Ireland in the 1930s on the brink of industrialisation - returns to London for the first time since its premiere in 1990.
And we are giving away five pairs of tickets.
Friel's passionate portrait of the five Mundy sisters follows their loss of love and opportunity played out against the echoes of the 20th century, with dark humour, raw energy and tenderness.
Anna Mackmin directs an outstanding cast, featuring Andrea Corr - one quarter of the family Celtic folk/pop group - Niamh Cusack, Michelle Fairley, Finbar Lynch, Susan Lynch, Peter McDonald and Jo Stone-Fewings in this vital, life-affirming play, performed in The Old Vic's unique, intimate "theatre-in-the-round".
To find out how you could win a pair of tickets to see Dancing at Lughnasa, see this week's Recorder.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy