Win tickets to see 12 Rounds
WHEN New Orleans Detective Danny Fisher stops a brilliant thief from getting away with a multi-million dollar heist, the thief s girlfriend is accidentally killed. After escaping from prison, the criminal mastermind exacts his revenge, taunting the cop wi
WHEN New Orleans Detective Danny Fisher stops a brilliant thief from getting away with a multi-million dollar heist, the thief's girlfriend is accidentally killed.
After escaping from prison, the criminal mastermind exacts his revenge, taunting the cop with a series of 12 near-impossible puzzles and tasks that Fisher must somehow complete to save the life of his own fiancee.
Wrestling champ John Cena takes the lead in action thriller12 ROUNDS (12A), from Die Hard 2 director Renny Harlin.
For Cena, this is his initiation into the rarified air of action movie star. And the film's Danny Fisher is the type of action hero that Cena enjoyed watching, as a fan of the genre.
"The '80s was the era of the 'everyman' hero. And there hasn't been that style of hero since then.
"Guys like Bruce Willis in Die Hard proved that an everyday person can be an action hero. If I'm even considered in that club, I'm definitely off to a great start."
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
Harlin wanted the film to seem more like a documentary than the usual CGI-laden glossy action fare.
He says: "Think of 12 Rounds as a story that's really happening, and what we've just done is taken three documentary crews and thrown them out there and let them start chasing these actors and get the story on film."
* We are giving away tickets to see the film at the Vue Cinema, Dagenham. To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder Review.