Win tickets to see disco legend Nile Rodgers in concert
THE word legend is bandied about far too easily these days – but Nile Rodgers is right up there and widely recognised as one of the most influential producers in the history of popular music. As well as being the mastermind behind his own band Chic and di
THE word legend is bandied about far too easily these days - but Nile Rodgers is right up there and widely recognised as one of the most influential producers in the history of popular music.
As well as being the mastermind behind his own band Chic and disco classics like Good Times, I Want Your Love, Le Freak and Everybody Dance, he has produced a host of Sister Sledge anthems, and went on to produce albums like Diana Ross' Upside Down, David Bowie's Let's Dance and Madonna's Like A Virgin, plus Duran Duran's singles The Reflex and Wild Boys and their album Notorious.
Originally a session guitarist playing live in the early 1970s with soul stars Aretha Franklin and Ben E King, Nile's trademark sound went on to shape a generation.
He plays a one-off London gig at The Forum in Kentish Town on Friday and the Recorder has two pairs of tickets to give away.
You may also want to watch:
Just email email@example.com no later than 1pm on Thursday, including your full name, address and daytime telephone number, and you'll be entered into a draw and notified that afternoon.
See this week's Recorder for an exclusive Nile Rodgers interview.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock