Win tickets to Sister Act musical
IN 1992 the movie Sister Act became an international blockbuster grossing over $230,000,000 worldwide. The film starred screen legend Whoopi Goldberg as disco diva Deloris Van Cartier, who, after witnessing a murder, is put in protective custody in the on
IN 1992 the movie Sister Act became an international blockbuster grossing over $230,000,000 worldwide.
The film starred screen legend Whoopi Goldberg as disco diva Deloris Van Cartier, who, after witnessing a murder, is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won't be found - a convent!
Despite her objections to the austere way of life, (and her new name of Sister Mary Clarence), she finds a role as an unlikely choir mistress.
Under her instruction, she inspires a group of loveable, if tuneless nuns to become a lean, mean singing machine and discovers much more about herself on the way.
Now the producers of hit musical Hairspray and Whoopi Goldberg, in her new capacity as co-producer, are bringing the story to the stage in a spectacular musical, opening at the London Palladium theatre next month.
And the Recorder is giving away free tickets to the show.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 9 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 10 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder Review.