Win tickets to Sister Act musical
IN 1992 the movie Sister Act became an international blockbuster grossing over $230,000,000 worldwide. The film starred screen legend Whoopi Goldberg as disco diva Deloris Van Cartier, who, after witnessing a murder, is put in protective custody in the on
IN 1992 the movie Sister Act became an international blockbuster grossing over $230,000,000 worldwide.
The film starred screen legend Whoopi Goldberg as disco diva Deloris Van Cartier, who, after witnessing a murder, is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won't be found - a convent!
Despite her objections to the austere way of life, (and her new name of Sister Mary Clarence), she finds a role as an unlikely choir mistress.
Under her instruction, she inspires a group of loveable, if tuneless nuns to become a lean, mean singing machine and discovers much more about herself on the way.
You may also want to watch:
Now the producers of hit musical Hairspray and Whoopi Goldberg, in her new capacity as co-producer, are bringing the story to the stage in a spectacular musical, opening at the London Palladium theatre next month.
And the Recorder is giving away free tickets to the show.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder Review.