Win tickets to Sister Act musical
IN 1992 the movie Sister Act became an international blockbuster grossing over $230,000,000 worldwide. The film starred screen legend Whoopi Goldberg as disco diva Deloris Van Cartier, who, after witnessing a murder, is put in protective custody in the on
IN 1992 the movie Sister Act became an international blockbuster grossing over $230,000,000 worldwide.
The film starred screen legend Whoopi Goldberg as disco diva Deloris Van Cartier, who, after witnessing a murder, is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won't be found - a convent!
Despite her objections to the austere way of life, (and her new name of Sister Mary Clarence), she finds a role as an unlikely choir mistress.
Under her instruction, she inspires a group of loveable, if tuneless nuns to become a lean, mean singing machine and discovers much more about herself on the way.
You may also want to watch:
Now the producers of hit musical Hairspray and Whoopi Goldberg, in her new capacity as co-producer, are bringing the story to the stage in a spectacular musical, opening at the London Palladium theatre next month.
And the Recorder is giving away free tickets to the show.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder Review.